Why you should listen to us.
We source all of our aftercare guidelines from the piercing bible. What is that you may ask...
The Piercing Bible is The Definitive Guide to Safe Body Piercing, published by Random House/Crossing Press. The author, Elayne Angel, is the former APP (Association of Professional Piercers) President, former Medical Liaison and a recipient of the President’s Lifetime Achievement Award.
Our reputation is always on the line. When you leave with your new piercing, we want it to heal quickly and cleanly. The better your piercing looks the better people perceive us... Therefore it is in our best interest to give you the best, most up-to-date, aftercare instructions so that you can better advertise our skillful work and our quality jewelry.
For that very reason we also offer high quality aftercare solutions. H2Ocean is the industry leading brand of fortified tattoo and piercing aftercare products. We offer their full line of piercing aftercare for your convenience. Saline sprays and mouthwashes are only the start though. We also offer emu oil and tea tree oil for those hard to heal piercings. Quality aftercare products will help you heal faster and better.
What we've got to say.
- STOP TOUCHING IT. The leading cause for irritation is over handling your piercing with unclean hands.
- STAY AWAY FROM HARSH CHEMICALS. Keeping your piercing clean is important but conventional antiseptics can actually slow your recovery.
- LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. We give you the information and the head start you need for a healthy recovery but everybody heals differently. Still, taking care of your piercing shouldn't be excessively painful. It's going to be sore for sure, but if there are any sharp pains or excessive bleeding, you might need to assess its needs. When in doubt seek a professional piercer for advice.
- NEVER LISTEN TO YOUR FRIENDS. Just because your friend was able to neglect their piercing and it healed "fine" doesn't mean you should heed their advice. Always listen to a professional.
- WATCH OUT FOR MISINFORMATION. There are plenty of sources out there that still suggest antiquated ways of maintaining your new piercing. Always look for valid, proven and trusted sources for the information you seek.
We provide to our customers a truncated version of these same guidelines upon completion of a piercing. We ARE NOT officially affiliated with the APP, however, we fully respect what they are doing for the body piercing industry. With that said, they are the AUTHORITY when it comes to accepted practices and acceptable care for your new piercings. For more information check out safepiercing.org.